Document scanner software is an application that help to scan papers, file, photos, id card, and etc with these apps and computer software. These applications easily convert any files or paper into digital file or image format.
|Document Scanner Software||Download Link||Platform|
|Adobe Scan App||Download Adobe Scan App||Android, iOS|
|Scan Speeder||Download Scan Speeder||Windows|
|Abby FineReader||Download Abby FineReader||Windows, Android|
|VueScan||Download VueScan||Windows, Android|
|CapturePoint||CapturePoint Price $100.00||Windows|
|Microsoft Office Lens||Download Office Lens||Windows, Android|
|KoFax Omnipage Standard||Download Omnipage Standard||Windows|
List of 10 Best Free Document Scanner Software
1. Adobe Acrobat Scan
All of us are aware of the Adobe Acrobat and the features of this amazing software. It is not only one of the best scanner software but it also gives us many facilities like photo management, unique functionality to differentiate between two PDFs copies, digitally signing the PDF and many more. With this software, you can even convert the pictures clicked from the phone into PDF. Apart from this, you can also do a reverse conversion like converting PDF files into Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.
Free Adobe Acrobat Features:
- User-friendly and straightforward interface
- Quick searching via text indexing
- The mobile app has full editing capability
- Standard templates for doc consistency
- Allows password for improved security
- Sufficient no. of integrations, including Dropbox, OneDrive and Box
Next software in our list is Readiris 17, an easy to operate the software with a well designed and intuitive interface. High-end OCR technology to convert paper documents into PDFs, conversion of Document into Audio format, adding comments/annotation or hyperlinks, signing your document digitally and a list of such features makes this software the best among all to choose. And above all of this, you can also record voice comments, which is as cool as it gets in regard to editing.
Free Readiris Features:
- Verbal recognition
- Well designed, intuitive interface
- Supports 138 languages
- Voice annotation and text to speech function
- Cloud support
Also, check Free GST Billing Software
3. Scan Speeder
It is the most affordable one scanning software which can scan/edit/archive a ton of photos. With the help of this software, you can scan multiple documents and even segregate them also that saves a lot of your time.
Free Scan Speeder Features:
- Free trial version
- Minimalist interface
- You can send photos/docs directly to Facebook
- You can scan slideshows, digital photo frames, album pages, and even scrapbooks.
- Supports direct picture scanning from albums.
4. ABBYY FineReader
Abbyy FineReader is the most impressive software which combines PDF-editing and optical-character-reading (OCR) functions. In addition to character recognition, ABBYY FineReader is competent to recognize charts, tables and images, and digitize them clearly and precisely as well.
Free Abbyy FineReasder Features:
- Intuitive interface
- Top-notch performance
- Supports multiple languages (192)
- Batch processing, image preprocessing, indexing, metadata extraction
- Hosts an effective document comparison option to spot errors
- Digital document signature, watermark and page number addition
PaperScan with its intuitive User Interface, cost-effectiveness, compatibility with TWAIN, WIA devices and a lot of such features proves itself the best pick for you. It is a great scanning software with OCR engine, annotations and other innovative features to ease document attainment and management.
Free Paperscan Features:
- Completely free
- Compatible with a variety of devices
- The exceptionally universal scanning tool
- Offers PDF encryption
- Support for 30+ languages
- Pro version comes with OCR, annotations, and PDF compressions
Also check Free Retail Shop Management Software
An exceptionally good software which can works with the latest PCs and Macs due to its constantly updated versions. VueScan from Hamrick Software can work with your scanner, gives new life to your old hardware, as well as let you get negatives, photos, and documents on to your computer.
Free VueScan Features:
- Comprises auto save and auto print functionalities.
- OCR and scan to PDF functions
- Photoshop integration
- IT8 calibration
- Extensive customization options
- Free trial version available
- Scans JPEG, PDF or TIFF/RAW formats
7. Capture Point
CapturePoint is a cloud service that allows users to securely scan and convert documents into their desired format. It can boast data extraction functionalities such as disparate data collection and more.
Free Capture Point Features:
- Easy User Interface
- Allows to share and manage document on the cloud
- Effortlessly scan & convert documents to different repositories such as Dropbox, SharePoint, DocuShare etc
- Provides native outbound faxing
- Capture management
8. Office Lens
Office lens is a product of Microsoft so now you can be completely hassle-free about the authenticity and reliability of the software. Using office lens is like having a scanner in your pocket, you can easily digitize your notes, sketch your ideas, snap a picture and much more. You can use Office Lens to convert images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint files, and you can even save images to OneNote or OneDrive.
Free Office Lens Features:
- Easily available on Microsoft store for free
- Data capture transfer
- Multi-language and multiple format support
- Third-party integration
- Save a scanned document as a Cloud Backup on OneDrive
Also Check Free Online Conference Software
9. OmniPage Standard
OmniPage Standard is one of the best selling software in the world. It can also be a great alternative to Adobe as it can also give editable PDFs and word documents as the scan result.
The Standard version allows you to scan and/or convert various types of documents, plus paper, images or PDF files into searchable/editable files easily.
Free Omnipage Standard Features:
- Intuitive layout and design
- Automatically detects language
- Manages any scanning-device that’s TWAIN-, WIA- or ISIS-compliant
- Cloud integration for easy file sharing.
- Scan pages in approximately 120 languages.
NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on straightforwardness and ease of use. Scan your documents from WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners, organize the pages as you like, and save them as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and other file formats. It has basic editing tools to crop, rotate, brighten, and change the contrast of images.
Free NAPS2 Features:
- Scan documents using WIA- and TWAIN-compatible scanners.
- Rotate, flip, remove, and rearrange scanned pages.
- Support multiple formats like PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc
- Directly email PDFs.
- Use OCR to make PDFs searchable.
- free and open-source
These all above free document scanner software is most popular solutions in small businesses for scanning photo, pdf file, images, id cards, papers and scanner machine.