According to Gartner RPA is the fastest growing enterprise software segment of 2018 with 63% growth in worldwide revenue. There is a built or buy approach to get started with RPA. Either you may built your own bots from scratch or buy from commercial software vendors.
There are number of options you get in the market but choosing the correct one that apt to you can be a challenge. And when you are finding an open source tool the task become more tedious because many open source tool might looks attractive but they are totally developer focused.
So, we are here listing some best picks for you to make you work little a bit easier.
List of Free and Open Source RPA Tools
TagUI is an open-source, cross-platform, command-line interface that enables you to automate your desktop web, mouse and keyboard actions with no trouble. TagUI practices the term and associated concept of “flows” to represent running an automated computer-based process, which can be done on demand or on a fixed schedule.
OPen Source TagUI Features:
- Easy to install
- Supports web automation
- Integrated with Python and R for AI, ML, and big data.
- Natural language like syntax
Automagica is a smart RPA(Robotic Process Automation) tool which enables to automate cross platform processes effortlessly. Automagica project began in 2018 to ensure the accessibility of Open Source Robotic Process Automation Technology to all. You can use it to control and monitor,schedulling,reporting,auditability,version control and collaboration of all your entire digital workforce.
Open Source Automagica Features:
- Automate desktop interactions and processes
- Supports automation of Oracle apps, SAP, Salesforce, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Tabular data handling
- Optical character recognition
- Remote desktop automation
- Computer vision
- Automatic Reporting
- Microsoft Office Automation
RPA for Python
RPA for Python was previously known as TagUI for Python. It has simple and robust API which helps to quickly automate repetitive time-consuming tasks, whether the tasks involve websites, desktop applications, or the command line.
Open Source RPA for Python Features:
- Built on TagUI
- Computer vision automation
- Optical character recognition
- Keyboard-and-mouse automation
Robocorp is a new Open Source RPA tool as it came to public in july 2020. It is built on top of the popular framework of Robot Framework. Its Robohub component help you to keep everything you need systematically.
Open Source Robocorp Features:
- It supports Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Its component, Robocloud allows you to start operating software robots instantly.
Taskt,previously known as SharpRPA is first truly free open source RPA tool which is built on .NET framework in C#. It is capable to automate tasks without writing the code.
Open Source Taskt Features:
- Ability to automate tasks without writing code
- Records a user’s computer-based actions then translate in repeatable script
- Free to use and licensed under Apache License Version 2.0.
- First, ‘easy-to-use’ RPA software.
- Automates with ease
- Performs automation on both desktop and web applications,
Open RPA is a free Open source RPA tool that has Drop Drag Interface like mainstream RPA tool vendors. Open RPA looks like UiPath as both uses same Windows Software by Windows Workflow Foundation. It is quite an easy software to use and it is also improving continously.
Open Source Open RPA Features:
- Easy manipulation of workflows
- Supports remote management, scheduling, and central management using OpenFlow.
Robin is a free open source programming language and reason behind developing this is to develop a standard language for RPA tool Development.
It is Microsoft.NET Domain Specific Language and runs on Microsoft.NET CLR or virtual machine component of Microsoft’s .NET framework.
Open Source Robin Features:
- Free to download
- combined with different data-types, statements, functions, exception handling and the appropriate syntax.